Everyone ready for another shoot out? The Toronto Maple Leafs come to the Garden tonight and two of the four teams that have three overtime losses take the ice. I think the Bruins will be able to seal the deal tonight because, Vesa Toskala gave up a break away goal to George Parros this week. Mind you, Shawn Thornton has been itching to score, so tonight was the night if there ever was one. Don’t be surprised if you see Tim Thomas take a shot at Toskala, as he has a tough time handling those 180 footers. Gabe and I had a little team meeting and decided we are writing too big of previews and wrap-ups and not bringing you fine people enough of the original content we wanted to provide you with. So, from here on out the previews and re-caps will be a little thinner, but just as entertaining. I promise.
- It looks like Tim Thomas is going to get the start tonight, so his cold must be ending. Let’s hope he’s hot tonight! (that is so bad, I just could not help it, Gabe will yell at me later for all of you)
- A little line movement to start the game. Michael “Bleach” Ryder moves down to the second line with Patrice Bergeron and Marco Sturm. Phil Kessel gets the bump up to the wing of Milan Lucic and Marc Savard. I think this is a great move, I always thought Kessel played well with Savard, and maybe playing with Begeron will toughen up Ryder a bit.
- It looks like P.J. Axelsson will be back in the line up and Petteri Nokelainen will be the healthy scratch. Axelsson is slotted on the third line with David Krejci and Blake Wheeler. We’ll see how these lines play out, but they could be juggled during the game.
- Kessel’s doing great as we all know, I’d like to see two to three goals out of him tonight. I would settle for Bergeron scoring one and leaving Kessel with two. Bergeron has looked excellent since his return from such a devastating injury and there is quick little read over at the official Boston Bruins site on his return.
- Milan Lucic needs to keep the give aways down tonight. As always, I would like to see him in front of the net.
- The Bruins need to keep up the success in the face-off circle, drawing penalties, and keeping puck possession. They special teams need to improve, and against a potentially weak Toronto team, tonight would be a good time to work on the weak spots. Also, less broken sticks would be helpful.
- Zdeno Chara had a relaxing day off. He is going to try and hit Toskala square in the face. [Boston Globe via Puck Daddy]
And some news from across the boarder:
[TSN] Jason Blake is going to be a healthy scratch tonight. So, instead of a Masterson trophy winner in the line up, we get Ryan Hollweg back from from his second automatic suspension of the year for his hit on Alex Pietrangelo. I hope Lucic punches his head in.
[From the Rink] Fuck Mats. Of course the day I have to cover some Maple Leaf stuff, Mats crops up. I am starting to loathe the Leafs as much as the Habs.
[Kynch’s Bruins Korner and Bitter Leaf Fan] Somehow, we here at The Jumbotron have over looked Kynch’s Bruins Korner so far, and for that I apologize. The guys at KBK and Bitter Leaf fan swapped previews for some good fun.