Just trying to get something up here, because I’ll be working during the game, and thus, missing out on The Jumbotron’s premiere liveblog. So here are a few pre-game notes and suggestions while you watch the game.
- Michael Ryder needs one goal to get to 100 in his NHL career. He will need 34 more to earn his contract.
- Tonight’s referees are Greg Kimmerly and Mike Hasenfratz. I can’t think of any better way to curse a downturn in the Bruins’ fortunes than “Hasenfratz!” I’d really like to see that catch on.
- Phil Kessel is going to start on the Bergeron-Sturm line. I give it a month. A month to be considered the most productive line in the NHL! (see, when the season starts, I turn optimistic. Enjoy it while it lasts.)
- There’s a strong possibility of seeing Andrew Raycroft in goal tonight for the Avalanche, once the Bruins chase Av’s starter, Peter Budaj. On a related note, there’s a strong possibility that this may be the first season opener that the Bruins will have won due to the mercy rule.
- Bruins/Avs Drinking Game of the Night: Every time you see a commercial for this new “Sports Soup” on Versus drink until the idea of Dennis Miller seems funny to you. I haven’t seen a sacred cow this desecrated since Thesus took the sword of his father, Aegeus, to the neck of the Minotaur, babe.
- Would anyone here participate in liveblogging if it was still called a “chat room”? I wouldn’t.
- The KHL has shown no interest in taking on Manny Fernandez and his contract. Hasenfratz!
Enjoy the game, blog-lurkers. Full posts will resume post-game.